Google Plus Marketing
Google Plus is a social networking site with over 2 billion users. You can connect with like-minded individuals and consumers to share your thoughts and ideas through Google Plus Communities. I recommend this social platform to build brand awareness and connect with influencers.
Some communities have a few hundred members, while others have over a million. However, the majority of communities’ range in the thousands. It’s easy to find and join communities that can help grow your business. You can find individuals with similar interests, including friends and family and add them to a group known as Circles. You can have multiple circles in various categories with whom you can share your posts and “hangouts”.
There are over 150,000 communities to choose from and you can even create your own. Join ones that are of interest to you and your business. You cannot always predict where your customers will come from. But if you have done your website data analysis and conversion tracking, you should have a rough idea of who your consumers are or who they aspire to be.
As with Facebook and Twitter, make use of hashtags and use a strong headline.
If you are writing blogs specifically for Google Plus, implement SEO best practices.
Once you have set up your personal profile page, you can create a Google Plus Business Page.
The Benefits of having a Google Plus Business Page
- You can create a Google Authorship so that your business logo appears in Google’s search results.
- You can write unique blogs for the blog communities and include links to your website.
- It’s easy to manage and share posts on Google Plus because it integrates with Gmail and other Google apps such as You Tube and Blogger.
- You can get a free and valid backlink.
- You can make your posts public or target a specific “community” or group of people you have added to your “circles”.
- It offers a quick and free way to get web traffic because if you make your posts public, they will immediately show up in Google’s search results.
- As with Facebook, you can create and post your business events.
- You can use Google Hangouts to promote new products and connect with communities and your customers. Google Hangouts is similar to Skype and are automatically posted to your YouTube channel.
- It facilitates email marketing by allowing you to send emails to the Gmail accounts of communities that you have joined.
- Google also offer +PostAds, which allow you to turn your Google Plus posts into ads that can be displayed on the websites that most attract your target audience.
How to Get a Free and Valid Backlink
To set up a two-way link, set up a Google Plus business page from your Gmail account by clicking on the Google Apps dashboard in the upper right-hand corner of your Gmail inbox. Select the Google Plus icon.
Once you have set up your business page, go to the About section. You will see a section called Story. Complete this section with your business details and add your website address by clicking on the Link tab in the text editor presented to you in the Introduction heading.
[Excerpt from Starting and Online Business and Internet Marketing 2018]