About Marketing your Book on Amazon
Writers often ask what are the best methods for marketing your book on Amazon? Some self-published authors have phenomenal success with book marketing while others yield few results. There are two reasons why you need to market your book on Amazon: to drive books sales and to build your author platform.
Marketing your Book on Amazon for Free
- Promote the book on your website.
- Share news about your book on social media.
- Get reviews. You can ask readers to review your eBook by adding a link to the last page.
- Offer your book free to download on Amazon for a minimum of three days. This will increase your Amazon rank.
- Don’t overprice your books.
- Choose the correct keywords to ensure that your book will appear in the best and right categories. It is important to note that placing your book in the wrong category can result in negative reviews.
- Set up a Facebook page for each book you publish.
- Create an author page on Amazon Central. Note: there is also an Amazon Central for the UK and one for Germany.
- You can promote your book for free on the social networking and news website, Reddit.
- You can advertise your book on forums.
- Use podcasts to build your author platform.
Marketing your Book on Amazon (Paid Advertising)
- Publish a book trailer on YouTube.
- Give away free copies.
- Use book advertising websites.
- Use local newspapers to advertise your book.
- Run a Google AdWords campaign. I prefer not to use Search Engine Ad campaigns for book marketing or promotion. Visitors will click on your ad to view your book and this costs you money. For every 17 clicks, I sold one book!
- Use a PR company.
- There are over 100 websites where you can promote your free eBook and Kindle countdown deal – try Bookbub, eReaderNews and Book Gorilla.
- You can market your book on the Goodreads website. Setting up a Goodreads campaign is straightforward and costs $10 minimum.
- Run an Amazon Ad campaign.
- Publish a press release